Batemans Visitors Centre Our 2020 Vision
The Visitors Centre will reopen on Friday April 3rd, seven days a week, between 11.00am and 4.00pm. There will be two brewery tours available each day at 11.30am and 2.00pm.
In the meantime;
- All the events and private functions that are already booked with us will continue as planned.
- We are taking new group and event bookings, from now, up to and beyond April as normal.
- To add something a bit different to your event why not include a brewery tour?
- There will be a single weekly brewery tour from now until 3rd April, commencing on Saturday 25th January 2020 at 11.30am. Any of these can be booked now.
Throughout the year we’ll be focussing on serving Batemans famous beers, a small but perfectly formed back bar food offer, gearing up for some big events, whilst most importantly we’re continuing the development of our increasingly popular brewery tours.
The best brewery tour…in the world!
The complete overhaul of our brewery tour in 2019 has been universally acclaimed, with nearly 100% of visitors rating the experience at 5*. The good reviews flowed in to such an extent that we even gained a coveted Tripadvisor certificate of excellence.
Further enhancements to the tour itinerary are planned for 2020. The new season tours will be more informative, more interactive and have been designed to appeal to more people.
Demand for the new tours is already at such a level that we will shortly be adding online booking to our website. In the meantime, you can book onto the weekly tours that are running until April 3rd by giving us a call.
Excellent bar food & top quality event catering
In 2020 we’ll be focussing the Visitors Centre food offer on a locally sourced, top quality selection of artisan bar food.
We’ve started this process by partnering with Surpies Pies from just up the track in Heckington (wait until you cast your eyes on the All Day Breakfast Pie), and will be looking to grow our roster of food suppliers from the best Lincolnshire has to offer. Expect a small but perfectly sourced selection of top quality food, served from behind the bar, that complement our traditionally brewed award winning ales.
For events and pre booked groups, we’ll offer a selection of bespoke menus which will focus on food with a distinctly local provenance. A new Visitors Centre team will work with your event organiser to ensure every party enjoys an exceptional food experience.
If you are after a wider selection of dishes, a Sunday Carvery, or great pub food in the evenings, we have partnered with local Batemans pubs in the Old Chequers, Croft and the Woolpack, Wainfleet. Along with great food, both pubs offer a selection of Batemans beers.
A day out for all the family
We’ll be open every day between April through to early October for beer, bar food and our twice daily tours.
As well as the beer & brewery tours we’ve developed;
- Treasure trails for the children,
- We’re expanding our selection of giant outdoor games for older kids,
- We’ll be dog friendly (to friendly dogs on leads),
- We’ll be making the most of our riverside meadows and the Visitors Centre beer garden by opening them up to families who’d like to bring their own picnic.
- From 1st August & 4th October we’re hosting the key exhibition to mark the ELR50 celebrations. Further details can be found via the following sites www.elrevents.co.uk or www.elr50c.co.uk
- If you’d like to stay longer than a day, then you might like to stay on the brewery’s riverside campsite, which will be getting a new toilet and shower block for the summer holidays.
The Visitors Centre is only a short walk from Wainfleet Railway Station. So why not consider coming on the train?
The trains run from Nottingham to Skegness, see www.thetrainline.com for train timetable.
Engaging events and pre-booked parties
A major part of our plans for 2020 revolve around the events we’ve got planned and the private party packages we’ll be unveiling throughout the year. The Visitors Centre has been overwhelmed by the positive response that our keystone events received in 2019, so here’s the current calendar for 2020;
- Poacher music train. Various (starting from February 2020)
- ELR 50 exhibition. 1st August to 4th October
- Bands on the Bank 22nd August
- Bonfire Night 5th November
- Christmas Market. 21st and 22nd November
Full details can be found here.
We are also planning themed monthly party nights next year, details of which will be announced throughout the year.
If you’d like to be among the first to know what’s on why not sign up to our monthly Brewery Visitors Centre newsletter.