English Wines To Take On the World And A Tempting Deal
This Month We’re Celebrating The Best Of British Winemaking
J.E.Ridlington are all for supporting British business where we can, so in November & December we are celebrating English wines by offering you four great choices from Denbies Estate, one of the UKs largest and most successful winemakers. To encourage you to join the party, we’ve got a great deal with a free bottle with every four purchased*.
Four Great Wines, One Great Deal
We’re offering you a choice of four stunning Denbies wines in November & December, along with a cracking seasonal deal.
The wines are…
- Surrey Gold
- Flint Valley
- Whitedowns Sparkling White
- Whitedowns Sparkling Rosé
Buy any four and we’ll send you a complimentary bottle of Surrey Gold with your order*
Why English wines?
It’s no secret that English wines have been growing in popularity and importance over the last decade. Similarities in soil and topography are allowing them to emulate their French counterparts, who in many cases are less than 100 miles away. Sparkling wines account for nearly half of UK production and the increase in their quality in recent years has been immeasurable. These learnings have filtered down to the still whites as winemakers refine techniques and target grape varieties, like Baccus, that are better suited to English soils.
- Denbies Surrey Gold is a case in point. A blend of Baccus, Müller-Thurgau & Ortega grapes, it’s deep lemon in colour with gold tints, a pronounced floral nose and a pleasing flinty backbone with hints of spice. An ideal seasonal choice.
- Denbies Flint Valley is our second white. It sports a lively nose of lime zest and ripe pear leading to a fresh and vibrant citrus palate with good minerality and well-balanced acidity. Pair it with salmon starters or mains, smoked fish or moules.
- Ideal for the holiday season Denbies Whitedowns Sparkling Wine is a delightful everyday drinking fizz offering fresh citrus aromas. The palate is crisp, dry and refreshing making it an excellent aperitif in advance of a seasonal celebration.
- Denbies Whitedowns Sparkling Rosé completes our November collection. Beautifully pale pink in colour this traditional method sparkling rosé has elegant fresh fruit and dried cranberry flavours. It’s a celebration wine for any occasion.
Why Denbies Estate?
The UK now has more than 500 vineyards producing some fantastic wines. Denbies Estate, in the heart of the Surrey chalklands, have been perfecting their wines since 1986. Their still and sparkling wines compete at an international level showcasing the very best of UK winemaking.
*Terms & Conditions