This privacy notice tells you how Batemans will collect and process your personal data if you purchase our products, register a Batemans Rewards card, apply for a pub, contact us, use our website and consent to our marketing communications.
Batemans are fourth-generation family brewer based in Wainfleet, Lincolnshire. More about us.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
We take your privacy seriously. Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Batemans uses your data. Contact us.
How we collect and process personal data
We collect the minimal personal data necessary for the provision of the products, services and communications listed below. We endeavor to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary. Information processed for marketing communications is only kept for as long as you provide consent.
There are eleven main ways we process the personal data you provide, so that you can:
- Make a Visitors Centre booking for a:
- Caravan or camping pitch
- Table in the Patricia Room Bistro
- Wedding party
- Party event
- Training session
- Batemans event
- Make an online table or room booking at one of our selected pubs.
- Sign up to receive Batemans news and offers by email.
Managing your marketing consent
We would like customers to enjoy our communications, so it is important to note that consent can be withdrawn at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email.
- Sign up to news and offers at selected Batemans pubs.
- Send us an enquiry by email or through our contact us forms.
- Purchase beer and merchandise from our online shop.
- Register a Batemans Reward card (at selected pubs).
- Register to use our WiFi in selected Batemans pubs.
- Make an application to run or work at one of our pubs.
- Ask to receive vacancy alerts when new tenancies are available.
- Use our website.
Cookies and IP addresses
Batemans uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to the Batemans website.
Disclosure of personal data to 3rd parties
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Batemans in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details securely, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of the details in line with Batemans’s procedures.
If we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets
Batemans will not pass on your personal data to any other third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do that by visiting emailing our Data Protection Manager. Contact us.
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – passport, driving licence or birth certificate.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you may have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Batemans refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact our Data Protection Manager at Batemans. Contact us
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Batemans or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.