This privacy notice tells you how George Bateman and Son Ltd (Batemans) will collect and process your personal data if you purchase our products, register a Batemans Rewards card, apply for a pub tenancy, contact us, join our Beer Club, use our website, sign up to our newsletter or apply for a job with us.
By providing us with your data you confirm to us that you are at least 18 years old.
Batemans is the Data Controller. We are fourth-generation family brewer based in Wainfleet, Lincolnshire. More about us.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
We take your privacy seriously. Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Batemans uses your data.
Visit our Contact us page or write to the Data Protection Manager, George Bateman and Son Ltd, Salem Bridge Brewery, Wainfleet, Lincolnshire PE24 4JE.
How we collect and process personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted to do so. The most common uses are where we need to perform a contract between us, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, or we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We collect the minimal personal data necessary for the provision of the products, services and communications listed below. We endeavor to keep this information accurate and up to date, only use it for the purpose for which it was provided and not keep it longer than is necessary.
By law, for tax purposes, we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers. This includes contact, identity, financial and transaction data.
Note that information processed for marketing communications is only kept for as long as you provide consent.
There are thirteen main ways we may process the personal data you provide:
- So that you can make a Visitors Centre booking for a:
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to be able to manage your bookings)
- Caravan or camping pitch
- Table in the Patricia Room Bistro
- Wedding party
- Party event
- Training session
- Batemans event
- So that you can make an online table or accommodation booking at one of our selected pubs.
(Necessary for our legitimate Interests to be able to manage your bookings)
- So that you can Sign up to receive Batemans news and offers by email.
(Only with your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time as per below)
Managing your marketing consent
We would like customers to enjoy our communications, so it is important to note that consent can be withdrawn at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email or by contacting us.
- So that you can sign up to news and offers at selected Batemans pubs.
(Only with your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time as per above)
- So that you can make an enquiry by phone, email or through our website contact us forms.
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to be able to respond to your enquiry)
- So that you can purchase beer and merchandise from our online shop.
(Necessary to perform a contract between us to supply you with goods and services)
- So that you can become a Sunset Brook, caravan site, customer and purchase/hire our caravans and pitches.
(Necessary to perform a contact between us to provide you with services)
- So that you can register to use our WiFi in selected Batemans pubs.
(Necessary to perform a contact between us to provide free access to our wifi service)
- So that you can make an application to run or work at one of our pubs.
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to review and manage your application)
- So that you can make an application to work at our Head Office in Wainfleet.
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to review and manage your application)
- So that you can ask to receive vacancy alerts when new tenancies are available.
(Only with your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.)
- So that you can use our websites.
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to provide a great website experience. Note that you can control and opt-out of certain cookies)
Cookies and IP addresses
Batemans uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to our websites.
- So that we can send prospective trade customers Batemans Trade Updates by email.
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to be able build the strength of our free trade business)
Opting out of Batemans Trade Updates
We would like these updates to be valuable, so it is important to note that those receiving them can opt-out at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email or by contacting us.
We may collect some sensitive data from you if apply for a job or tenancy with us. This can include details of medical conditions and disabilities, that we may require in order to assess whether reasonable adjustments can be made. In addition, details of previous Criminal Convictions may be collected if disclosed voluntarily.
We may also collect sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting. We will require your specific consent to do this and any reporting will be anonymised.
Disclosure of personal data to 3rd parties
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Batemans in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details securely, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of the information in line with Batemans procedures.
If we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Batemans will not pass on your personal data to any other third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so or where there is immediate danger to your health.
We do use a data processor that provides our email marketing system that resides outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This means that the processing of your personal data (if you subscribe to our news and offers) will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Our data processor is based in the United States and we transfer data to them as they are EU-US Privacy Shield certified, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data as it has in Europe under GDPR.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
There are also procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and we will notify you and the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our websites may include links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do that by contacting our Data Protection Manager or by writing to the Data Protection Manager, George Bateman and Son Ltd, Salem Bridge Brewery, Wainfleet, Lincolnshire PE24 4JE.
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – passport, driving licence or birth certificate.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you may have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Batemans refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact our Data Protection Manager at Batemans or by writing to the Data Protection Manager, George Bateman and Son Ltd, Salem Bridge Brewery, Wainfleet, Lincolnshire PE24 4JE
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Batemans or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.